steadyaku47

Monday 18 December 2017

NEGARA KU...MY COUNTRY...


Let us not underestimate, cast aside or ignore the ethnic DNA within us that pushes, against all logic and rationality, to sometimes, make us slaves to racism.


rac·ism

/ˈrāˌsizəm/

noun
  • 1.prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior:
  
For many of us, education, the ability to rationalise and think about the good and bad of things that matters to us and or own innate ability to decide for ourselves what is right and what is wrong, goes a long way in suppressing these worrisome DNA that is within us all. 

I have no problem in telling you that from time to time, I find myself straying into that zone where racism colours my thoughts, my actions and what I say and write in this blog....and yet, even as I do so...I know that common sense will rule over me...and I am able to suppress the adverse effects of these racial DNA with grace and, I hope, a sense of calm, fairness and rationality that is reflected in the things I post on this blog.

Now having put into words, my own sentiments on this most contentious of issues of "RACISM"... can those of you who read what I write, do the same. 

Sit down, with pen and paper, or at your keyboard, and write without fear or favour, your innermost thoughts about "RACISM".....about your race, about what you think of racism in Malaysia, what you want for your own race and what you want the other races around you, to be, to have or to not have.  

Do it as an act of cleansing, as an act to rid your thoughts of any negativity and adversity that the DNA of racism has implanted in you....do it for all of us that wants a level playing field for all of us that calls Malaysia home. 

Once you have put all that in writing...read it again and again and ask yourself if what you think is fair to you and to all those other people that calls Malaysia home. If, in the end, you are comfortable with calling yourself not a Malay not a Chinese, not an Indian, Sikh, Peranakan, Baba-Nyonya, Chitty, Portuguese, Orang Asli, Dayak, Iban, Bidayuh, Orang Ulu, Kadazan, Bajau, Murut...or as some of you will insists....Bugis or Jawa....then my friends....come and join me in being what we all really are....MALAYSIANS.




No comments:

Post a Comment