steadyaku47

Saturday 18 February 2017

cakap cakap : This Blog and Salero Kito Padang.


You will see that this blog now has a more cheerful facade if the masthead at the top of this page is any indication. It was a toss up between the one I used, and these other two watercolour images of  Melbourne. One of its skyline and the other, for those familiar with Melbourne, the Flinders Street Train Station. 



No I was not in need of a pick-me-up to bolster my tired physical self. I have learned to live with the tiredness that old age brings....but what I would like to try and do is to share the wonders, the awe, the wisdom, the knowledge and the fun that I find every time I surf the NET. Why should I be the only one to profit...let me pick up the best of what I find there and share it with you through this blog.

I will still write...I will continue to write my thoughts on what is happening to our beloved country - now and for as long as I am physically able to keep doing so. 

Some news about Melbourne. This week I thought I died and went to that place that had 77 vestal virgins who will all do my biddings not only on Friday nights but on any nights of the week if I so desire. But no, died I did not. What I found instead in Melbourne, at Tivoli Arcade in Bourke Street was measurably better. 


Salero Kito Padang   
Authentic Padang Food in Melbourne! 

After four years in Melbourne and over 30 years in Australia I finally found a place that has that most heavenly of dishes : Spicy Dendeng. Have it with rice and a dash of gravy from the beef tripe and lung dish....and I know that life in Melbourne is almost complete. All I need find now is a restaurant with Nasi Dagang and there will really be no reasons anymore to go back to K Hell. 


 Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment