steadyaku47

Thursday 15 May 2014

Cium Tangan.....What a disgusting and contemptible habit!






These disgusting and contemptible images of a lackey supposedly paying homage to their master and lord is becoming too frequent for my liking. I myself am no stranger to these gestures. I take every opportunity to do that to my late mother and father every time I go to their house or meet them anywhere after a short absence. That is how I show respect and love to them. And I would do the same to my Uncles and Aunties every time we visit them or meet them at Kenduris  or anywhere else...again to show our love and respect to them.,,but when I meet others who are not family but are people that I respect I would extend my hand in a Salam and bow my head in respect if the stature of the person I am greeting deserves such show of respect....that and nothing more!

But these pictures remind me of little children lining up to kiss the hands of their uncles and aunties during Hari Raya - to show love and respect too - but more in anticipation of that handout for some "duit raya"....as they go from house to house collecting pocket money on that auspicious day. 

But to see grown men kissing the hands of politicians and Sultans...grovelling for what? Some handouts too? Tenders, contracts and state titles? This disgusts me!   


No comments:

Post a Comment