steadyaku47

Thursday 3 May 2012

cakap cakap...for those of you who were at Dataran Merdeka!



One thing I forgot to do…and may I be forgiven for doing so. I forgot what BERSIH 3 was all about! BERSIH 3 is a resounding and deafening endorsement of our Rakyats commitment to free and fair elections and their continuing demand to protest peacefully for what they believe in no matter what this Barisan Nasional government do to stop them from doing so! If the 12th general elections was a political watershed to endorsed the political maturity of our people in deciding what and who they want to have as their elected representative in Parliament – then BERSIH 3 is the flexing of our peoples ability to tell this Barisan Nasional government – and Najib in particular – that the time for change is nigh! Be afraid ….be very afraid that the momentum started by BERSIH 1 and 2 and now 3 does not mean the beginning of the end for anyone that does not heed the aspirations of the Rakyat – be it Pakatan Rakyat or Barisan Nasional! 

And to think that it took Ambiga, a women, to do this. Sybas Ambiga. Syabas!

My heart goes out to each and everyone of you that took the decision to present yourself at Dataran Merdeka and throw caution to the wind and in so doing told Najib and Barisan Nasional….do your worst! I am here to tell you that I will no longer be cowered or intimidated by anything you care to throw my way! I stand before you to do good not evil. To ask for free and fair elections and if that is not give then I will wait for BERSIH 4 and do it all over again!

We are no longer a people with that ‘tidak apa’ mentality. The Chinese are no longer pragmatic people who simply want to be left alone to do their business. They are as passionate as anyone else that our elections are free and fair. The others – and in the others I include the Malays – are now together for 1Malaysia.

Today I received a comment from Sally in on my latest posting and she said:

sally has left a new comment on your post "Is Najib the lesser of the two evils?":

Noble Leaders other than the two characters, Pak Husen?
Nope, unless Malaysians open the door to others instead of just Malays?
Do you see any UMNO leaders you would want to put in the PM's shoes? MCA? Boh ! MIC? Poorah! Gerakan? Haha! Sabahans or Sarawakians? Maybe but not sure as they are not that exposed to us.
PAS? Yes, 1 or 2 or maybe 3 newer faces. DAP? Quite a few (if you are honest with yourself without all those Ketuanan Melayu thoughts)   

Sally you do me a disservice by mentioning Ketuanan Melayu and me in the same line. I think I have done enough to tell you all that I do not live in Malaysia (for now) because I do not want to be bothered with such things as Ketuanan Melayu and other bothersome relics of our past in the living of my life.

All of us, Malays and non-Malays were represented at BERSIH 3 and so we all have a claim to what happened there…and we are responsible to ensure that BERSIH 3 will not be in vain. Some of you have asked cynically if I was at the BERSIH rally in Adelaide. No I was not. I had more pressing matters to attend and as much as I am for Bersih the living of my life does sometimes take precedent over many things political….and I am sure that goes ditto for many of you.

In closing I give thanks to those that walk the talk in KL. Each and everyone of you that was in and around the vicinity of Dataran Merdeka can tell your children and grand children that you were there to make BERSIH 3 happen – just as I will tell my grand children that I am steadyaku47. Together we will make that brand new day come for our people, our nation and our future generations! Once again from my heart…thank you brothers and sister and to the young and the old….I bid you a fond farewell for now.     

10 comments:

  1. blue + yellow = green !

    BERSIH4.0 = BLUE !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though Ambiga and Pak Samad provided the leadership, let us not go overboard in praising her to the extent of ignoring the Bersih team who did the work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find the achievements of the authorities very impressive. Given just one very public occasion, they messed up so badly in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In particular, businesses big and small should thank the authorities for bringing losses whee there would otherwise have been record profits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. plenty of noise- plenty of thunder - where is the rain- its hot n very hot in KL lah/ selangor- watch out - ah jib is coming for u as the opposition chief

    ReplyDelete
  6. plenty of noise- plenty of thunder - where is the rain- its hot n very hot in KL lah/ selangor- watch out - ah jib is coming for u as the opposition chief

    ReplyDelete
  7. My apologies, Pak Husen, I didn't mean to offend. It should have been "we" instead of "you" and "ourselves" instead of "yourself". Thanks for pointing that out and no hard feelings, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet you were doin you laundary then mate......

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sir,

    I was there with my 3 grown up kids. We were there during Bersih 2.0 too.

    It is your rights to express whatever your feelings are but please....................(better left unsaid)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You said: "the living of my life does sometimes take precedent over many things political…......"

    Hope your foot is getting better. Please be more careful with your gun next time.

    ReplyDelete