steadyaku47

Thursday 26 May 2011



"Tell me the weight of a snowflake," a hawk asked a wild dove.

"Nothing more than nothing," was the answer.

"In that case, I must tell you a marvelous story," said the hawk.


"I sat on the branch of a fir. Close to its trunk it began to snow...not heavily, not a raging blizzard, no, just like in a dream, without any violence. Since I had nothing better to do, I counted the snowflakes settling on the twigs and needles of my branch. Their number was exactly 3,741,952 when the next snowflake dropped onto the branch. 'Nothing more than nothing', as you say, and the branch broke off." 

Having said that, the hawk flew away.

The dove, since Noah's time, an authority on peace, thought about the story for a while and finally said with resolve, "Perhaps only one person's voice is lacking for peace to come about in the world."

with thanks to Lita

4 comments:

  1. I call that the tipping point! You are one, with me, we are two! I am sure millions are with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was more like the straw that broke the camel's back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never underestimate your one vote. Make it count !

    ReplyDelete